Storage Unit Auctions
Find Hidden Treasures in Abandoned Units
February Auction Schedule
For an update on the number of units for sale at each location, call (757) 473-3229 or see our Newspaper Ad on 2/4/2018
- Why do you hold storage auctions?
- The contents of storage units are occasionally abandoned by customers who stop paying rent. After muliple months of delinquency, auctions are held to clean out the neglected units.
- Who can attend your auctions?
- Our auctions are open to the public, anyone can attend!
- How can I be notified of upcoming auctions?
- Like us on Facebook, sign-up for a monthly email notice, check the classified section under legal, or call our auction line (757) 473-3229.
- Do I have to get a registration number to bid with?
- No, in order to bid you simply need the auctioneer to see or hear you during the auction.
- Do I drive to the different units?
- When you arrive at one of the Jack Rabbit locations, you will be shown where to park. In the office, you will be given a list of units and the order in which they will be auctioned. We then walk as a group to each of the units one by one.
- Are there ever any cars or motorcycles?
- Yes, there are occasionally vehicles for sale. Once the sale has taken place, the successful bidder is given the necessary documents to take to the DMV and obtain a new title and registration.
- How would bidders know that there are vehicles for sale?
- When we send out the monthly e-mail notice, any unusual items such as vehicles will be noted, along with any known information.
- How do I pay for a unit after the auction?
- After the auction is over, visit the office to make payment in fun with cash or credit card. You then have 48 hours to remove the contents of the unit.