A Risky Game - Tips for Moving A Pool Table
The Jack Rabbit Team | January 15, 2020 @ 12:00 AM
Noting is better than a few close friends meeting up at your place to play pool on a Saturday night. But when it’s time to move, simply picking up the table and relocating it is not an option. Pool tables can weigh between 700lbs to one ton. Calling professional movers who know how to move pool tables can help, but when you have to do it alone, here are some tips to do it right.
- Start with the simplest of steps: remove the side pockets. This will require a few simple tools, depending on how the pockets were attached to the table.
- Remove the rails. With wrench in hand, unscrew the bolts holding the rails and remove each one.
- Remove the felt. Consider this step carefully – doing something wrong could risk irreparable damage to the felt. Most tables have the felt stapled, but if yours is glued, you may need to take extra precaution. If your felt gets damaged, you will need to replace it.
- Remove the base. You may need a power tool to help with this step. Unscrew all the bolts holding the main base of the table onto the frame.
- Separate the frame and legs. Detach the frame from the legs under the table.
- Wrap and pack. Once the pool table is broken down, make sure to wrap with the large pieces with moving pads and/or shrink wrap, both of which are sold at all Jack Rabbit locations. Place the table accessories, such as pockets and balls, in a box. Make sure to fill the empty space with packing paper or bubble wrap. You can even carefully fold the felt and place it in the box to fill space.
Still thinking about moving that table on your own? Stop by your local Jack Rabbit to pick up all the packing supplies needed to help your move go smoothly.