HOW TO MASTER THE MOVING TRUCK
Let’s face it: moving isn’t easy. Packing, cleaning, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking… it’s is not something we look forward to. Having the right moving truck and knowing how to maximize its use can make moving easier. Jack Rabbit offers a free moving truck with move in, but can be rented daily even if you don’t store with us. Keep the extra stress away by following a few simple moving and truck tips.
LOADING THE TRUCK
Loading the truck can be simple if you know how to do it right.
- Large, heavy items should always go in first. Jack Rabbit Storage trucks have a free moving dolly to help get those heavy items in the truck effortlessly.
- If you have packed your loose items properly in boxes, it should not take long to load the truck.
- Tie down items to keep them from shifting as you drive.
- Five moving pads are also included with every truck rental at Jack Rabbit, so make sure to take advantage of those and protect your furniture.
- Place lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Don’t push the dolly up the ramp; pull it to avoid injury.
- Fill empty spaces with pillows or blankets.
DRIVING THE TRUCK
Driving the truck is not as difficult as you might think, so don’t let the size scare you. No special license is required, but you may want to drive it around a bit to get used to how it handles. Keep these guidelines in mind when driving the truck:
- Check your side mirrors often, and always keep an eye out for cars in your blind spot.
- Watch for signs pertaining to overhead clearance and weight limits. Never go through fast food or bank drive thrus, as their overhangs are often too low for the truck.
- Go gently into curves, especially if the truck is loaded with heavy furniture and valuables.
- Make wider turns than you are accustomed to, since the truck is longer than your vehicle.
- Use extra caution when approaching intersections.
- Give yourself extra room behind other vehicles and brake slowly.
Moving can be made a little easier with a moving truck. Contact your local Jack Rabbit Storage to get more details and check availability of the truck.