For some, their car/motorcycle/boat is their “baby,” and keeping it properly stored is essential. If you want to store your vehicle to keep it safe away from home, here are some tips to follow.
- Documentation: if you choose to store your vehicle with Jack Rabbit, we require proof of ownership (title/registration), insurance, and a copy of your driver’s license. All of these items must be current and in your name.
- Insurance: as stated above, insurance is one of the documents needed to store your vehicle. Many insurance companies require that you notify them of the address where the car will be stored. Make sure to check with your insurance company for details.
- It’s drivable (other than boats): Jack Rabbit requires that every vehicle stored on the property is street-legal and can be driven onto the property. We do not allow “project” vehicles, nor do we allow you to work on the vehicle while on the property.
- Remove your personal belongings from the vehicle before you store. Since most garage-style storage units are not climate controlled, removing items that can freeze, melt, or rupture is important.
- Wash and wax the vehicle and clean inside before you put it in storage. This is especially important if you use a cover, which we recommend. The clean, waxed vehicle is less likely to get scratches when putting the cover on.
- Check all the fluids and change the oil before it goes in storage. At Jack Rabbit, it is required that you place an oil or drip pan below the vehicle in case of any oil or fluid leakage.
- Disconnect the battery and remove it from the car. It should never be stored on the concrete floor, as the concrete will drain the battery.
- Place scented dryer sheets in the trunk, on the tops of tires, and inside the vehicle. Most pests do not like the scent, and your vehicle will smell fresh when you take it out of storage!
Jack Rabbit Storage has parking solutions for almost any type of vehicle you’d like to store. Call or stop by the closest location to you. Outside parking spaces are not available at all locations, so make sure to speak with the manager for details.