Jack Rabbit Self Storage has an amazing opportunity available as a Resident Manager at our Norfolk location. Resident Manager positions are rarely available with Jack Rabbit and highly coveted. This position is perfect for experienced Hospitality Managers, Sales Managers and Military BEQ/BOQ Managers. The Property Manager is key to our success and being Manager of our busiest and largest property will require a professional who is friendly and outgoing and can meet the following qualifications:
Excellent sales skills to assist customers in selecting and securing the correct unit to rent and purchasing moving supplies.
Outstanding customer service skills to assist with account questions, understanding paperwork and resolving customer issues.
Strong computer skills. We use specialized software along with traditional MS Office applications. The ability to grasp new software quickly is imperative.
Proficient Math Skills. Must be able to balance accounts, find and correct math errors, and create daily deposits.
Strong organization with ability to prioritize and multi task.
Time Management allowing you to complete all daily tasks in a timely manner.
Attention to Detail to notice where improvements can be made and bring property sales to their full potential
- Develop and maintain positive occupant relations through excellent customer service whether in person, via telephone or internet.
- Operate the facility according to company guidelines.
- Keep all office files neat and organized according to company guidelines.
- Collect on delinquent accounts via phone calls and document preparation. Prepare occupant paperwork for auction.
- Prepare vacant units for rent by sweeping and mopping.
- Walk property daily to inspect for operation safety and neatness.
- Always keep clean office environment.
- Maintain excellent curb appeal to include yard maintenance.
- Five years experience in large customer service, office or retail management environment.
- 40hr work week to include some Saturdays. Manager working hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:30pm and Saturday 8:30am-3:00pm.
- Hourly salary + commission.
- Position includes Manager’s Residence with appliances and utilities. YOU MUST be able to live in provided residence.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance available.
- Will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Able to stand, walk and sit for a combined eight hours daily.
- Able to walk property daily, lift 25lb garage door, use step stool or small ladder.
- Able to lift and move inventory.
- Work during all four seasons in varying weather conditions.
- Type 35 WPM
- High School Diploma
We are looking for a dedicated person who knows how to run a business to its full potential. If this is you, please send updated resume with current contact information. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY qualified applicants will be contacted. A competency & skills test will be administered and must be passed before an interview will be considered.
Still interested? Send a cover letter with an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After-Hours Assistant Position
Who We’re Looking For: Motivated individual with a neat, professional appearance and able to handle customer sales and service. Retirees Welcome.
Skills Needed: Customer service skills, neat, legible handwriting, able to walk patrols, do light cleaning and lifting. The following are standard hours for this position and are not flexible.
Hours: Part Time – Between the days/hours of: Monday-Friday 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sat 3pm-9pm, Sunday 7am-9pm
Compensation: Base Pay + Sales Bonus
Next Step: Send a short resume with contact information and possible start date to email@example.com or stop by any location to apply in person.
We Look Forward to Hearing From You!