Tips Before Packing
Before you pack up, keep these tips in mind:
- Take pictures or video record everything for insurance purposes in the event of a claim.
- Inventory all of your goods and keep the list in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
- Drain all washers and garden hoses
- Clean and cover charcoal grills
- Storing a cooler? Be sure to open all drain plugs.
- Vacuum out sofas and chairs; this can help keep out insects and rodents.
- Do not store anything that is labeled COMBUSTIBLE such as gasoline, paint, paint thinners, etc.