- Mark “Fragile” on boxes containing breakables.
- Pack in same size boxes when possible, for easy stacking.
- Pack clothes in boxes, cedar scented paper garment bags or on hangers in wardrobe boxes.
- Wrap each piece of glassware and dishes with newsprint to avoid breakage.
- Put baking soda or unused coffee grounds in refrigerators, freezers, stoves and coolers to absorb odors.
- Use trash cans to store garden tools such as shovels, rakes, hoses, etc.
- Remember, moth balls add an additional layer of protection against bugs and rodents.
- Store pictures and mirrors on end. Wrap in cardboard and mark “Fragile”.