- Store frequently used items near the front of your unit and allow room for walking.
- Store seasonal clothing in separate boxes near the front of your unit for easy access when needed.
- Stack boxes containing lighter items and breakables on top of those containing books or other heavy items.
- Use pallets, 2×4’s, or other slats to keep goods from direct contact with concrete floors and block walls.
- Remove table legs when possible to save space and stand table top on end.
- Store refrigerators and freezers with door ajar or removed. Use the shelves to store other light boxes or bags.
- Store sofas and love seats standing on end and on pallets, if possible, to save space.
- Remember, the lock on your unit provides the last line of defense against an intruder. The better the lock, the better your defense.